Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Conversation with Self

Conversation With Self
January 16, 2008

Why do You hurt Me?
Why do You allow Me to feel this pain?
Why do You allow him to talk to Me like that?
Why do You talk to Me like that?
Why do You always put Me down?
Why do You forget to love Me?
Why do You think I'm so bad?
Why do You yearn for attention no matter the kind?
Why do You think I'm ugly?
Why do You think I'm fat?
Why do You keep repeating the same pattern?
Why do You sell Me short constantly?
Why do You seem to always fail Me?
You are Me.
I am You.
A Change Is Needed.
Why can't You change Me?

I wrote this a year ago. It's amazing how much can change and yet how much remains the same. I do know, that in that year, ALOT has happened. And praise God, I know now, the "change" that was needed, was finding my way back to Jesus. Does that mean my life is now a bed of roses? No. Does it mean that I never feel any of that anymore? No. But it does mean I have a Savior, and I have hope and love, that I didn't have then.

No comments: